Scuba Doo Info
Scuba Doo is an activity available on the Great Adventures Outer Barrier Reef pontoon. This activity needs to be booked in combination with this trip. See link below:
Cruise the reef on your own underwater scooter! Scuba Doo is easy, fun and safe! Suitable for non-swimmers, Scuba Doo is an exciting activity to view the Great Barrier Reef. Scuba-Dooing means no mask, no mouthpiece, no heavy weight belt or swimming experience required. Just simply sit and drive!
What makes it Great?
- Excellent for Non - Swimmers
- Discover spectacular Coral Gardens & Marine life
- Fully guided tour
- Suitable for Contact lense & Glasses wearers
What Scuba doo Includes:
- All safety briefing and instruction
- All Equipment - Air tank is fitted to scooter
- Fully guided tour with professional
- 20 Minute tour on motorised scooter
- Booked in conjunction with Great Adventures Outer Barrier Reef Cruise
- Great Adventures is booked separately at additional cost
- Professional Photography whilst on scooter
- Wetsuits (recommended in winter),
Scuba Doo Restrictions:
- Minimum age is 12yrs old
- Consent form must be signed by guardian for under 18yrs
- Certain medical conditions / medications may preclude some people
- Participation is subject to a medical questionnaire completed on board
Your Scuba Doo Experience
- Depart with Great Adventures on the 8:30am or 10:30am departure from Cairns - This is booked separately and is an additional cost to Scuba Doo. During your cruise to the Outer Barrier Reef the well trained Scuba Doo instructor’s will conduct a short and informative briefing, demonstrating how to operate a Scuba-Doo, hand signals and safety points. Your adventure time will be allocated prior to arriving at the pontoon.
Your adventure tour will begin at a depth of 4 metres, departing from the pontoon you will make your way over to the Coral Reef where you will meet some fascinating marine life. Seated on your Scuba-Doo, your head and shoulders will be inside a 180 degree water free clear dome with air is constantly being replenished from a scuba tank enabling you to breathe normally throughout your tour! It is possible to wear your contact lenses or glasses with you in the water.
The 20 minute fully guided tour allows you to cruise the Coral Reef at a speed of 2.5 knots without tanks, weights or mask, there is no swimming involved. Say hello to Wally our resident Maori Wrasse, have a memorable once in a life time photograph under the Sea, view the amazing Coral Reef structures that make up the Great Barrier Reef that is home to over 1500 different marine fish.
Commence your outer Reef Activities with Great Adventures before departing the Great Barrier Reef Pontoon for your journey back to Cairns. Passengers can view, purchase and collect photos taken throughout the day from the In-depth photo counter on board the boat.
GREAT NEWS! All payments made to Travstar do not incur a credit card surcharge.
Best experience EVER!!
Best experience EVER!! So easy, comfortable and much better than just snorkeling because you can get close to the sea floor where all the action is. Also got some great pics of Wally the local Maori Wrasse. The staff were very friendly, helpful, patient and fun.
Posted By Rebecca Ford
The guide was really good and took great care as we were all non swimmers.
Posted By Priya Shah
Posted By Carol Jeffs
Scuba Doo Rates
Need Help With Your Booking?Our Cairns Office is open again in 26 minutes
About Travstar Booking Requests
There are some things a computer can't do.
We love helping people plan their holidays and we want to make sure we get it right.
Some holiday packages can be quite complicated with multiple tours and accommodation, pick-up times and extras.
That's why every booking made through a Travstar Website is checked by our local consultants.
It takes a little bit longer to get your tickets but we want to make sure everything is going to run smoothly for you.
How long wil it take to get my tickets?
Our team are alerted to new booking requests as they come in. During office hours you can expect to have your tickets within an hour or two.
After office hours your tickets may take up to 12 hours to arrive.