Green Island & Cairns Aquarium Info
Green Island & Cairns Aquarium: Nature lover's will enjoy this relaxing day in paradise.
Take the 8.30am ferry to Green Island for 2.5 hours on the Island.
Depart the island on the 12pm ferry departure.
Make your way to the Cairns Aquarium Restaurant, Aqualuna, for a delicious lunch.
Then, follow the journey of a drop of rain as it descends from the mountain ranges down into rivers and streams, through the rainforest, across the mangroves, into the shallows of the reef and finally into the depths of the Coral Sea. Travel through ten amazing North Queensland ecosystems with over 70 different habitats showcasing the stunning diversity of the species from two world heritage listed areas.
Fun for the whole family.
Green Island is a beautiful 6000 year old coral cay located in the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park – a premier world heritage site. Only a 45 minute journey from Cairns, Green Island features a unique reef and rainforest environment, this beautiful island provides the one-stop tropical experience.
Why we like it:
- Free exclusive use of Island Swimming Pool
- Only 45 minutes by fast catamaran from Cairns
- Calm waters patrolled by Aussie lifeguards!
- Frequent ferry departures
- Family Friendly
- Excellent value!
- Self-guided eco walk booklet
- Home to world's first glass bottom boat in 1937
Eco Adventure Includes:
- Return fast catamaran cruise
- Tea and coffee served until departure from Cairns
- Self-Guided Eco Island Walk
- Choice of Glass Bottom Boat coral viewing tour OR use of snorkelling equipment (mask, snorkel & fins)
- Use of Island swimming pool exclusive for Great Adventures guests
- Use of day visitor facilities
Additional Costs :
- Introductory / Certified Diving
- Floation Vests ($12), Lycra stinger suits
- Sea Walker - walk underwater with Sea Walker helmet diving
- Scenic Heli flights
- Hotel return transfers from Cairns or Northern Beaches (Trinity Beach, Palm Cove)
- Guided Snorkelling Tour (Boat Snorkel Trip)- Experience the best snorkelling sites at Green Island. You will be taken to one of four dive sites about 1.5km from Green Island to explore and swim amongst colourful marine life and coral gardens. The snorkelling safety officer [lifeguard] is on hand to supervise and direct you to the best areas of the site. Duration approx 1 hour.
- Green Island Beach Hire- Enjoy activities such as canoeing and glass bottom kayaks, beach volleyball, windsurfing or relax on a sunlounge under a beach umbrella
- Marineland Melanesia- See exciting crocodile shows and hold a baby croc. Tropical fish aquariums, primitive art and marine artefacts on display. Home to Cassius - Guinness World Record Holder of Largest Crocodile in Captivity.
What to bring:
- Swimming costume and beach towel
- Hat, sunscreen and comfortable shoes
- Money for drinks, souvenirs and optional activities
Green Island is the only coral cay on the Great Barrier Reef with a rainforest growing on it, which is home to 126 native plant species, colourful birdlife, surrounded by magnificent coral gardens and is some 15 hectares (approx 37 acres) in size.
With a range of exciting optional activities, you can design your day at your own pace. You'll also have the choice of glass bottom boat coral viewing or snorkelling equipment.
Discover the island's unique flora and birdlife at your own pace with a self guided island walk. See the crew at the information counter for your booklet. Green Island is an ideal daytrip for families with soft sand and shallow waters directly off the beach.
Cairns Aquarium is Australia’s newest and most spectacular aquarium opening to the public in September 2017. What’s Included: • All day admission to Cairns Aquarium
Follow the journey of a drop of rain as it descends from the mountain ranges down into rivers and streams, through the rainforest, across the mangroves, into the shallows of the reef and finally into the depths of the Coral Sea. Travel through ten amazing North Queensland ecosystems with over 70 different habitats showcasing the stunning diversity of the species from two world heritage listed areas – the wet tropics rainforest and the great barrier reef. Guests will have guaranteed interaction with the spectacular beauty of over 15,000 aquatic animals without the need to get wet or even leave the city!
• 10 Tropical North Queensland eco systems and 71 habitats
• River Monsters, Denizens of the Deep, Life of Sharks & Rays and Curious & Coloured Presentations
• Habitat Talks, Animal Feeds and Terrestrial & Marine Encounter Touch Tanks
• All day admission to Cairns Aquarium
Green Island & Cairns Aquarium Rates
Need Help With Your Booking?Our Cairns Office is Currently Open
About Travstar Booking Requests
There are some things a computer can't do.
We love helping people plan their holidays and we want to make sure we get it right.
Some holiday packages can be quite complicated with multiple tours and accommodation, pick-up times and extras.
That's why every booking made through a Travstar Website is checked by our local consultants.
It takes a little bit longer to get your tickets but we want to make sure everything is going to run smoothly for you.
How long wil it take to get my tickets?
Our team are alerted to new booking requests as they come in. During office hours you can expect to have your tickets within an hour or two.
After office hours your tickets may take up to 12 hours to arrive.