1. Kuranda in a Day! Combining the famous Kuranda Scenic Rail and Skyrail Cableway into a relaxing scenic day trip. At Freshwater Station, board the famous Kuranda Scenic Rail for your 1.5hr journey to Kuranda. Free time is permitted to explore this Kuranda village, including the Heritage Markets which operate daily. At your scheduled time, board Skyrail for your 1.5hr journey to Smithfield. There are 2 stops en-route to explore Barron Falls and Red Peak Rainforest Boardwalks.
2. Great Adventures Green Island Green Island is a nature lover's paradise and offers fun for the whole family. With the choice of three daily departures, this fast comfortable 45 minute cruise to Green Island cruise is perfect for visitors with limited time, offering a half or full day experience. With a range of exciting optional activities, you can design your day at your own pace.
3. Reef Magic Cruises Reef Magic guests have exclusive access to the all-season Marine World activity platform located on a premium section of beautiful Moore Reef. Enjoy a fun filled 5 hours at the Great Barrier Reef including a Semi Submersible tour, all snorkelling equipment, a Marine Biologist presentation, Glass Bottom Boat tour, Underwater Observatory and a delicious buffet lunch.
4. Quicksilver Cruises Quicksilver takes you to Agincourt Reef, a magnificent ribbon reef where you can snorkel, dive or stay dry and explore the stunning reef from the comfort of a Quicksilver semi-sub. Watch the fish feeding from Quicksilver's unique underwater observatory, or fly in a helicopter over the reef.
5. Barron White Water Rafting Only 20 minutes from the centre of Cairns, the Barron River is a fantastic introduction to White Water Rafting. Offering guaranteed water levels year round, no experience is necessary to raft these Grade 2 & 3 rapids. Afternoon Departures Only Departs Cairns daily 2:00pm (returns approx 6:00pm).
6. Get High Up Top & Dive Down Under! See the Great Barrier Reef from evey possible angle! The Get High Up Top & Dive Down Under combo includes an Outer Reef Cruise & Snorkel onboard Osprey V, choose from a Certified or Introductory Dive, followed by a Free Glass Bottom Boat tour and exhilirating 10 minute outer reef scenic helicopter flight!
7. Billy Tea Bush Safaris Billy Tea Bush Safaris is the longest established 4WD day tour operator to Cape Tribulation. Experienced tours guides will help you learn about local flora and fauna, Aboriginal culture, history and knowledge of the local area. Journey that little bit further with Billy Tea and travel beyond Cape Tribulation on the 4WD Bloomfield Track arriving at pristine Emmergen Creek for a swim and refreshment.
8. Adventure Company Cape Trib Enjoy an unforgettable day of discovery with Adventure Company exploring the World Heritage Daintree National Park and Cape Tribulation where the Rainforest meets the Reef. Experience a personalised and relaxing day with highlights including Wildlife Habitat Port Douglas, Mossman Gorge, Cape Tribulation Beach and a Daintree River Wildlife Cruise.
9. Sunset Cruise What better way to start your weekend than with a sunset cruise aboard the Habitat Explorer. Departing from the Reef Fleet Terminal at 5.30pm every Friday, Saturday, Monday, Tuesday & Thursday nights, this one and a half hour sunset cruise explores Trinity Inlet.
10. Hot Air Ballooning Hot Air is one of Australia's premier balloon operators. They have the biggest range of balloons in Australia including the worlds first Koala Balloon, the Australia Balloon and the New Balloon - all innovative state-of-the-art designs with the best operations and safety equipment such as quiet burners and custom designed balloon baskets.
11. Cairns Discovery Tours Cairns Discovery Tours presents the ultimate “City Sights” tour of Cairns and its spectacular tropical environs. Sights include St Monica’s Cathedral, Flecker Botanic Gardens, lower Barron Gorge, Outback Opal Mine and Palm Cove Jetty.
12. Daintree River Experience Sit back and enjoy the commentary on this spectacular Daintree River Cruise. Bring your camera and join Andy for a personalised 2 hour Sunset or Sunrise Cruise on the stunning Daintree River. Ideal for photographers! This boat is specifically designed to give greater stability for camera work, has well-padded swivel seats for just 8-10 passengers.
13. Quicksilver Wavedancer Wavedancer's day trip to Low Isles offers everything you can dream of in a tropical island paradise. The friendly Quicksilver Wavedancer crew will guide you through all the activities on Low Isles, from snorkelling and exploring the island's beach with an expert marine biologist, to seeing the coral gardens from a glass bottom boat. If you're lucky you might spot one of the Turtles that regularly visit this tranquil location.
14. Fitzroy Island Fitzroy Island is 45 minutes from Cairns and is one of the most unspoilt islands on the Great Barrier Reef. Being a continental island, it is covered with lush, pristine rainforest. Spend the day snorkelling the fringing coral reefs, strolling through the National Park rainforest walking tracks, or for the more adventurous hiker, discover breathtaking views of the island and surrounding reefs.
15. Reef Experience This cruise includes Cairns hotel transfers, a BBQ breakfast roll & tropical fruits upon boarding, up to 6 hours on the Great Barrier Reef at 2 Outer Reef locations that includes a guided snorkel or introductory or certified dive. Come face to face with schools of tropical reef fish & amazing spectacular coral formations. Learn about the reef and enjoy a glass bottom boat tour.
16. Silverswift Ideal for experienced divers and enthusiastic snorkellers, Silverswift is the only Cairns based vessel to visit 3 sites in one day. Spend a leisurely 5 hours at the Outer Barrier Reef exploring 3 different reef sites at Flynn, Pellowe, Miln and / or Thetford Reefs. All dives are guided to maximise your experience.
17. Jungle Canopy Surfing Jungle Surfing Canopy Tours is a must-do, new and exciting way to view the World Heritage Listed Rainforest in Cape Tribulation. Fly with the birds and tree kangaroos, as you glide up through and above the rainforest canopy along a series of flying fox cables or zip lines. Suitable for all ages from 3-103, so the whole family can enjoy the thrill of flying through the rainforest.
18. Sunlover Cruises Sunlover Cruises offers the Ultimate Great Barrier Reef experience for people of all ages and abilities, even if you cannot swim you can still enjoy a complete Great Barrier Reef experience with Sunlover Cruises. Enjoy 4 hours at their Moore Reef pontoon with many inclusions such as snorkelling, glass bottom boat and semi-submersible coral reef viewing tours, an underwater observatory, marine life touch tank and a sumptuous seafood buffet lunch. There are also a variety of optional extras available including scuba diving, guided snorkelling safari and Seawalker Helmet Diving.
19. Blazing Saddles ATV Blazing Saddles ATV tracks are perfect for the best dirty fun you can have on a quad bike! Easy to ride and the perfect adventure, all tours cater for different levels of experience with guides taking the adrenalin junkies on a fast paced ride whilst another guide taking those happy to cruise. Have a blast around this working sugar cane farm and n 18 acre billabong which is abundant with native birds, you will even get a chance to meet the resident geese, peacocks, ducks, perhaps even spot a crocodile!
20. Tully White Water Rafting Voted Australia's No#1 Rafting Trip! Providing more than enough excitement to satisfy your thirst for adventure! The powerful Tully River is the most popular destination for a one day rafting trip. Twisting through the rainforest on more than 45 rapids ranging from mild to wild. You will spend over 5 action-packed hours rafting in remote World Heritage Rainforest.
21. Chillagoe Caves & Outback If you want to see the real treasures of the Queensland outback then you need to join Billy Tea Bush Safaris for a day tour to the Chillagoe Caves. Drive through old historical towns enroute to Chillagoe and old mining town with many interesting tales to tell of the past before exploring one of the ancient lime stone caves where you will be amazed with what you see.
22. Compass Cruises Compass Cruises outer barrier reef trip is a great day for young travellers on a budget, and is very popular with backpackers that visit Cairns. This trip offers 5 hours on the reef at two different locations - Hastings Reef and Breaking Patches near Michaelmas Reef. Boomnetting is a highlight of the day and is the only reef boat to offer this activity.
23. Daintree & Cassowary Falls Join Daintree Discovery Tours for a Daintree river cruise followed by a "safari" out to the beautiful Cassowary falls. "RiverHome" cattle station where a trusty soft top Land Rover awaits. Travel along the station tracks and through creeks in true "safari" style to Cassowary Falls. Here you not only get to look at the waterfall, but it is totally safe to jump on in! This is one of life's true pleasures. Nothing beats swimming around and standing under a waterfall.
24. Catch-a-Crab Enjoy a half day of Crabbing, Fishing, Dining and Cruising with Catch-a-Crab on the beautiful Trinity Water Habitat, with a seated lunch onboard their purpose built crabbing vessel. This tour operates in calm waters, catering for all ages, from the very elderly to the very young.
25. Sailaway Sailaway IV, a luxury Lagoon 500 sailing catamaran, offers a five star, reef and island cruise to Low Isles. Enjoy an hour and a half to sail to the Low Isles, a beautiful secluded small coral cay complete with blue lagoon, white sandy beaches and coconut palms.
26. Silversonic SilverSonic ultra modern catamaran lets you explore 3 outer edge reef locations at Agincourt ribbon reef in superb style and comfort. Cruising on the fastest vessel to the reef, you will enjoy over 5 hours exploring the delights of this underwater world. Certified Divers can enjoy up to 3 dives. All dives are guided to maximise your experience.
27. River Tubing Enjoy a half day with approx 2 hours of tubing! Float down the Mulgrave River on professional high quality twin chamber tubes and relax in beautiful scenery. Drift through small fun rapids, safe and suitable for the whole family. Morning Tea is included - bring extra snacks to eat while you drift (Cooler box provided).
28. Poseidon Cruises Enjoy the freedom of snorkelling at the very best outer reef sites. Poseidon takes you to 3 spectacular sites on the very edge of the Outer Barrier Reef, at the Agincourt Ribbon Reefs. Catering for Snorkellers, Introductory & Certified Scuba Divers, its the Ultimate Adventure! Poseidon has been awarded one of the few permits to swim with Dwarf Minke Whales. These friendly mammals are regularly encountered from May to August, while their larger cousins, the Humpback Whales appear from July to September.
29. Daintree Walkabout Daintree Walkabout Tour takes you through ancient rainforests and back to the Dreamtime with the local Kuku Yalanji tribe. Dine at Silky Oaks Lodge, then cruise the Daintree River and spot a crocodile, enjoy tropical fruit tastings and spend time in the historical town of Port Douglas.
30. AJ Hackett Bungy Cairns is the best place to Bungy!! AJ Hackett's Bungy Tower is located 20 minutes north of the city in the foothills of Saddle Mountain. The 50 metre high tower is surrounded by lush tropical rainforest with panoramic views out to Green Island, The Northern Beaches & The Great Barrier Reef. This is the only Bungy site in the world to offer the unique Jump Menu.
31. Ocean Safari Join Ocean Safari for an exhilirating ride to snorkel the pristine untouched reefs off the Daintree Coast at Cape Tribulation. Visit two different snorkel destinations such as Mackay and Undine Reefs for an extraodinary array of marine life and coral species. This half day eco certified tour departs Cape Tribulation daily and allows for a minimum of two hours to explore this precious underwater world!
32. Big Cat Green Island Green Island is the perfect place to snorkel, scuba dive, swim all year round, view the coral and fish life from the comfort of a glass bottom boat or semi-submersible or just relax on the sandy beaches. Big Cat Green Island Reef Cruises offers you the choice of a full day or half day cruise with optional reef activities.
33. Tusa T6 TUSA Dive’s latest custom-built reef craft and is designed for ultimate comfort and easy diving and snorkelling on the Great Barrier Reef. TUSA Dive have access to more than 15 sites on the outer reefs from Cairns, and visit 2 sites daily, selected as the optimum sites for the day’s conditions.
34. Cape Trib in a Day Cape Tribulation In A Day gives you a day exploring the rainforest and amazing landscapes of the Cape Tribulation wilderness area. Tour highlights include a Daintree River Cruise, Alexandra Lookout, lunch at a private rainforest property, Cape Tribulation Beach and Mossman Gorge.
35. Seastar Cruises Seastar premimum reef cruises combine the Outer Reef and a Coral Cay island in one day. Always the first to arrive at Michaelmas Cay, the largest of the local uninhabited coral cays you will have time to explore and practice snorkelling. After spending some time here it is only 20 minutes cruising to Hastings Reef adjacent to the clear waters of the Pacific Ocean. This Outer Great Barrier Reef site is where the corals thrive.
36. Blazing Saddles Horseriding Located only 10mins from both Cairns and Northern Beaches, Blazing Saddles is well suited to even the most time conscious visitor and is perfect for a soft adventure activity for the whole family. Meander through rainforest pockets, mangrove wetland, sugarcane fields and native bush. All their horses have a friendly, mature nature and will be matched to each riders experience and ability.
37. Skydive Cairns Prepare yourself for some... AWESOME...EXTREME...FUN..! No Experience Necessary. For the more adventurous the higher you go the BIGGER the RUSH!!! The Cairns drop zone offers warm tropical climate, spectacular views of the Great Barrier Reef and World Heritage Rainforests. Jumping at a height of up to 14,000ft. Reaching speeds of up to 220km/hr, you will rocket straight down for up to 60 seconds for a heart-stopping, life-changing freefall followed by 5-6 minutes of gentle spirals and turns under canopy.
38. Cooktown Adventure North Tours will take you through the rugged terrain of the famous Bloomfield Track from Cape Tribulation enroute to Cooktown - one of Australia's most significant townships. Your experienced guide will enlighten your journey with incredible stories and history as you travel on the 4WD only Bloomfield Track. Arriving in Cooktown you will have a 360 degree views from Grassy Hill of the Endeavour River, Coral Sea and Cooktown, followed by free time to explore historical township.
39. Reef Encounter Sleep at the reef! Reef Encounter is a 35 metre catamaran designed for the utmost stability and comfort at sea, accommodating up to 42 guests, this is truly a personalised reef experience for everyone. Reef Encounter visits between two to three different dive and snorkel locations per day. The Stateroom Cabins have double or twin beds, all with ensuites.
40. Ocean Spirit Set sail aboard Ocean Spirit Cruises 32 metre luxury sailing catarmaran, for a day with a wide range of activities in a unique reef environment. Michaelmas Cay is a protected seabird sanctuary (A haven for nature lovers). First time swimmers and non-swimmers can learn how to snorkel from the shallows of the cay. This trip includes a complimentary glass of sparkling wine, cheese and crackers on the homeward journey.
41. Seawalker Seawalker (helmet diving) is quick, easy, and there’s no need to learn how to use complicated equipment. No experience is needed as you walk on the sea floor (not on an artificial pontoon), and are COMPLETELY SURROUNDED by colourful fish and coral. It’s perfect for non-swimmers or anyone who might not be confident in water, or not want to get their hair wet!
42. On the Wallaby On the Wallaby Rainforest Day Tours are a value packed day exploring the Highland Rainforest and Crater Lakes on the Atherton Tablelands. Explore the Cathedral and Curtain Fig Trees and take a rainforest walk at Lake Barrine National park. Optional activities include canoeing, wildlife spotting or visiting waterfalls.
43. Waterfalls & Paronella Park Join Tropical Horizons Waterfalls & Paronella Park tour and take the first morning boat cruise on beautiful Lake Barrine followed by a visit to the Curtain Fig Tree, the Waterfalls Circuit, Tarzali Lakes, Cheese & Yoghurt tasting at Mungalli Creek and a guided tour of Paronella Park.
44. Cape Trib Horserides The only horse rides available in the Cape Tribulation and Daintree area, Cape Tribulation Horse Rides caters for beginners, intermediate and experienced riders on a group of very friendly, well trained horses.Enjoy the breathtaking scenery Cape Tribulation scenery as you meander your way through the oldest living rainforest in the world, ride through many crystal clear mountain streams, through cane paddocks and along crocodile inhabited riverbeds until you reach the spectacular Cape Tribulation Beach.
45. Great Adventures Outer Reef Enjoy a sleep-in with a 10:30am departure from Cairns onboard Great Adventures to the Outer Barrier Reef.From the comfort of the stable reef activity platform, this is the perfect base for swimmers and non-swimmers to explore. Snorkel and dive, visit the underwater observatory, cruise in a semi-sub, or just relax on the sundeck with a delicious buffet lunch - There is something here for everyone.
46. Tablelands & Waterfalls Join Cape Trib Connections on the Original Waterfalls Circuit tour for a fun filled day where you will see the best of the Atherton Tablelands and gain the best value out of this packed itinerary! Highlights include Babinda Boulders, Josephine Falls, Millaa Millaa Falls, Curtain Fig Tree, Platypus spotting and a swim at Lake Eacham.
47. Calypso Cruises Calypso travels daily from Port Douglas to the outer Great Barrier Reef, visiting three spectacular sites, each showcasing the diversity of marine life. Catering for domestic and international guests, apprehensive snorkellers to the avid diver, the team on Calypso will ensure a safe and memorable day for all.
48. Fitzroy Sea Kayaking The Raging Thunder Fitzroy Island Sea Kayak tour will take you to parts of the island not accessible by foot. This fully guided tour offers a tranquil way to see the beauty of the reef and Fitzroy Island (and requires no previous experience). Explore private beaches, fringing coral reefs and walking tracks with full use of the snorkelling gear.
49. Passions of Paradise Passions of Paradise visits two very special reef locations on the Great Barrier Reef; Michaelmas Cay and Paradise Reef. The sleek, modern, 25 metre maxi-sailing catamaran will ensure you travel in style and comfort without the large crowds. A FREE Guided Snorkel Tour is included.
50. Northern Experience Northern Experience Eco Tours offer small group personalised tours through the magnificent World Heritage Wet Tropics rainforests of Wooroonooran National Park, swimming in waterfalls, travelling through the Atherton Tablelands, and visiting local must see attractions such as beautiful Lake Barrine, Millaa Millaa Falls, Curtain Fig Tree, Babinda Boulders, Paronella Park.
51. Reef Daytripper Avoid the crowds and set sail to the picturesque Upolu Reef onboard Reef Daytripper for a relaxing yet fun filled sailing trip. Reef Daytripper is a small sailing catamaran with a friendly, relaxed atmosphere offering sailing, snorkelling and diving on the Great Barrier Reef. Small passenger numbers (max 20) ensures a relaxing day.
52. Cairns Watersports For all your watersport thrills and spills join the crew of NQ Watersports for the adventure of your life with Parasail, Jetski and Bumper Tube Rides. All of the Cairns water sports adventure activities are suitable for people of all ages and are a great family activity.
53. Uncle Brians Uncle Brian enjoys Celebrity Status when it comes to popular budget tours in Cairns. Most Backpackers who know, will go with Uncle Brian in search of the Platypus, Waterfalls, Rainforest and Fun! Hop onboard "Gus the Wonder Bus" for this fun-filled journey of walking, talking, swimming, sliding, laughing and singing under waterfalls as you make your way around the spectacular Atherton Tablelands.
54. Cairns Night Zoo The Cairns Night Zoo is a uniquely Australian night out. Combining the typical Aussie BBQ with some night spotlighting, and a meeting with a genuine 'Swaggie' by his campfire, followed by great Aussie entertainment with the bush musician. Its an interactive experience for the whole family to enjoy!
55. Fish Tales Sports Fishing Fish Tales operate Cairns Fishing charters in four of the best fishing locations in North Queensland - the Cairns Inlet (also known as Trinity Inlet) Russell River/ Mulgrave River and on the Daintree River.The open waters, creeks and deep channels of the Cairns Estuary System are a paradise for anglers and fishermen alike.Common species caught on this trip are: Fingermark, Mangrove Jack, Estuary Cod, Grunter, Queen Fish, Trevally, Mud Crabs, Barramundi.
56. Microlight and Handgliding Tours Always dreamed of flying like an eagle? Now you can with Updraught Microlight and Handgliding Tours. Feel the thrill of open cockpit aviation and the pure sensation of freedom. Offering tandem intro flights around Port Douglas, Daintree and Cape Tribulation. Take a fantastic flight and capture the spectacular views reputed to be amongst Australia’s most beautiful on your camera.
57. Quicksilver Heli Take a tour of the Great Barrier Reef by Helicopter. It’s an experience you will never forget. The view from the helicopter is spectacular – there is simply no other way to appreciate the sheer expanse of the Great Barrier Reef. In addition to the picture postcard views of the reef, you might also see sharks, turtles, manta rays and even whales at the right time of year.
58. Ocean Free Ocean Free is a beautiful 63ft schooner, which sails daily to an exclusive mooring on Pinnacle Reef, just 1km offshore from Green Island. This is the only boat operating out of Cairns to offer a personalised reef, sail and island experience all in the one tour. Upon arrival at Pinnacle Reef, enjoy a swim, snorkel, scuba dive (extra charge) or just relax. Ocean Free's exclusive mooring ensures that the ocean is uninterrupted by crowds.
59. Xtreme Tully Rafting Xtreme Tully River Rafting is the ultimate rafting experience. Your guides will take you outside your personal comfort zone, to get the heart racing and your adrenalin pumping! Xtreme is the first trip down the river giving you the Tully at its absolute best and allowing you to marvel at the magic of the World Heritage Rainforest, which surrounds you on all sides. It also offers additional activities such as Rock Jumping, Raft Surfing and Rapid Swimming.
60. Daintree Dreaming Learn about Daintree's rich Aboriginal history and culture with the Kubirri Warra brothers who follow the traditions of their ancestors.The brothers demonstrate how to throw a spear and how to search and hunt for fish, mud crabs and mussels. Following this is a visit to Janbal Gallery where you can share in an authentic Aborioginal art experience with Binna before taking a guided rainforest walk at Mossman Gorge with a local Kuku Yalanji guide.
61. Daintree Ngadiku Dreamtime This Eco Certified tour to the Daintree includes a Ngadiku Aboriginal Dreamtime Walk with a local Indigenous guide at the Mossman Gorge Centre. Visit special places and culturally significant sites, past traditional bark shelters and over cool rainforest streams. Lunch is at Silky Oaks Lodge overlooking the Mossman River, followed by a fascinating hour cruise on the Daintree River.
62. Coral Sea Dreaming Coral Sea Dreaming is a spacious 18 metre (60 foot) Ketch made of steel with a beautiful wooden interior and different cabin options to please the most discerning traveller. This 2 day/1 night dive and snorkel adventure caters to snorkelers, intro and certified divers with a maximum of 12 Passengers per trip. Your Great Barrier Reef adventure will include up close and personal encounters with turtles, reef sharks, barracuda and Maori wrasse as you visit up to five different sites over two days.
63. Norseman Fishing M.V. Norseman specialises in 'reef fishing' for all of the top quality table fish found on the Great Barrier Reef. Departing daily from Port Douglas, fishing adventures are varied and different each time, with countless secret fishing locations dotted all over the local reefs.In a typical day you can be fishing for Nannygai and Trevally in the shipping channel, to deep water bommie fishing for Mangrove Jack in the paddocks, to fishing for coral trout in the shallows.
64. Aquarius Relax onboard Aquarius, a 62ft luxury sailing vessel travelling to Low Isles, a coral cay just an hour’s sail north –east of Port Douglas. Low Isles is home to hundreds of soft corals, an abundance of fish and sea turtles. Experience the indulgent day Aquarius offers, snorkel with the turtles, explore the island, enjoy a glass bottom boat tour and the pure luxury of Aquarius and the tranquillity of sailing. Maximum number of guests 23.
65. Double Island Kayaking Palm Cove Watersports offers a Sea Kayaking tour twice daily which circumnavigates Double Island. There is time on the island for snorkelling and relaxing before kayaking back to beautiful Palm Cove Beach. Local wildlife you may see while seakayaking includes moviestars, turtles, dolphins and if you're lucky, Manta rays.
66. Undara Experience Discover the Undara Lava Tubes...enjoy authentic outback hospitality, meet Aussie Wildlife, awaken your tastebuds with the famous Bush Breakfast at the Ringers Camp. As ancient and alluring as the continent itself, the Undara Lava Tubes prove natural phenomenon’s still do exist. Walk in the path of a volcano, Sleep in an ancient railway carriage and simply relax in the beauty and tranquility that is Undara Experience.
67. Dragon Lady Dragon Lady is a 34ft Cairns Custom Craft Game boat, operating out of Port Douglas, specifically designed and built in Cairns for the purpose of catching and landing the game fish of the Great Barrier Reef. Lure, Light tackle, heavy tackle & Shark fishing are available for a maximum of 8 Passengers (6 for private charter). Onboard, only the best 50lb and 80lb Duel, Penn and Shimano game reels on custom built bent butt rods are used, to land that giant catch.
68. Rum Runner Rum Runner Cairns is considered to be the best value overnight liveaboard tour from Cairns, spend over 24 hours on the Great Barrier Reef. Enjoy 2 full days and 1 night onboard this Coral Sea yacht with a mximum of 16 guests on board. If you chose the snorkel option, snorkellers receive unlimited snorkelling PLUS a Free Intro or Cert Dive!
69. SeaQuest SeaQuest offers fantastic value for money and gives you the opportunity to enjoy unlimited snorkelling or to take up to 3 scuba dives at 2 different reef locations. This purpose built vessel allows you to experience the best of the Great Barrier Reef. Don't worry if you have never snorkelled before, a briefing is held on board, explaining how to put and use the snorkelling gear. All of the snorkelling equipment you will require is supplied as part of your trip.
70. Bad Fishy The Bad Fishy Jet Boat, "Screamo" operates a 35 minute Tropical Twist Ride on The Trinity Inlet. Enjoy adrenalin-pumping spins, slides, speed and stunts, there are some awesome sights to check our too. Make sure you wear your swimmers or casual clothes...we are in Cairns so part of the fun is getting wet and cooling off!
71. Flames of the Forest Flames of the Forest is a dining experience not to be missed by travellers to the Tropical North! Ignite your senses beneath the canopy of the oldest rainforest in the world and explore the mysteries of time, culture and cuisine in the spellbinding, candlelit, enchanted rainforest. Open Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
72. Food Trails Tours Food Trail Tours, showcases the region's foods and tropical fruit wines. The day is all about you and fabulous food. Get behind the scenes on informative plantation tours, where you get under trees and into on farm processing sheds where you learn about gourmet food production. There are numerous opportunities to taste the foods, purchase commercial products at the farm gate.
73. Dan's Mountain Biking Be prepared to get sweaty and dirty with Dan's Mountain Biking! Mountain biking at Cape Tribulation is a fun and active way to explore the tropical rainforest. All your senses are stimulated whilst you cycle through this unique area, meanwhile, The Mulgrave Valley - renown for its crystal clear running streams and lush jungle. Follow Dan as he takes you on some amazing jungle tracks.
74. Mike Ball Dive Expeditions Dive the pristine Ribbon Reef's north of Cooktown and remote Coral Sea with Mike Ball Dive. The 7 Night Coral Sea Safari provides the opportunity to complete up to 26 dives including exciting shark action in the Coral Sea, diver size fish at the Cod Hole and prime Ribbon Reef sites. Suitable from novice to experienced divers, this trip is a highlight for any diving enthusiast.
75. Harbour Cruise Cairns Harbour Cruises offer a calm water cruise along picturesque Trinity Inlet and Cairns Harbour, conveniently departing twice daily from the Reef Fleet Terminal. Explore Trinity Inlet, a remote picturesque wilderness right on Cairns doorstep and relax whilst crocodile and bird spotting. With waterways winding through a 300 square kilometre maze of mangroves, expect rich diverse wildlife, stunning scenery and a relaxing cruise with informative commentary from the crew.
76. Crocodile Express Crocodile Express River cruises from the picturesque Daintree Village and covers a diverse section of the river in a mix of fresh and salt-water ecosystems, fringed rainforest/mangrove and rich grazing country. Experienced river cruise guides will enlighten you with historical and biological aspects of the area whilst spotting for wildlife. One hour cruises start from 9am, departing regularly throughout the day.
77. Flyboard The dream of combining water-sports and flight into one high-octane adrenaline rush has finally arrived! The Flyboard is a water-jet powered board, which allows propulsion in the air, as well as under the water. Feel the thrill of flying over the waves, or the rush of streaming under them! Flyboarding can be for ANYONE!! and we are confident in saying that ANYONE can get up in 10 minutes or less!
78. Paddle Trek Join Paddletrek Sea Kayaking tours for the most exciting way to see Cape Tribulation and the Daintree coast. Take to the waters in a sturdy one or two person kayak and explore the unique environment of where the rainforest meets the reef. Paddle out to the Great Barrier Reef marine park from where you can look back at spectacular views of the Daintree National Park, the oldest rainforest on Earth. This is the ultimate way to explore the tropical beaches, fringing reef, mangroves and Marine wildlife of Cape Tribulation.
79. Ocean Freedom Enjoy a personalised day out snorkeling, certified and introductory diving and a glass bottom boat tour with Ocean Freedom - Cairns Premier Reef & Island cruise. This 5 star luxury cruiser visits 2 great destinations – the crystal clear, shallow waters and surrounding reef of Upolu Cay and "Wonder Wall" on the outer edge of Upolu Reef. Enjoy a scrumptious seafood smorgasbord lunch including smoked salmon and prawns.
80. Wait a While For the best opportunity to see Lumholtz's Tree Kangaroo and Lemuroid, Green and Herbert River Ringtail Possums along with many other native animals, consider this day & night rainforest tour. Established in 1982 Wait-a-While has earned the reputation of being the region's best tour operator for the true ecologically focused. Take stunning scenic drive through lowland to highland Rainforest around the Atherton Tablelands, enjoy dinner at a country restaurant, then head to a high altitude misty rugged rainforest area for your spotlighting adventure.
81. Fishing the Tropics Fishing The Tropics locally built "Reef Runner 1" offers a fast and comfortable ride to inshore blue water reefs and wrecks. They use the latest high quality Shimano & Penn Reef Fishing outfits for an array of light tackle sports fishing including trolling, live-baiting, bottom fishing and high speed jigging. Fish targeted include various Mackerel and Trevally species, Nannygai, Coral Trout, Red Emperor and Tuna.
82. PADI Pro Dive Pro Dives 5 day PADI “Open Water” dive course is the most popular option if you are thinking about taking the plunge and learning to dive. With a total of 4 training and 5 certified dives, including 1 night dive, this course is unmatched for experience and value. The adventure of staying out on the reef for 3 days and 2 nights is quite unique and the extra dives including a guided night dive will be a highlight of your course and a truly memorable experience!
83. OceanQuest Imagine yourself waking up and watching the sun rise over the Great Barrier Reef. This is exactly what you can experience by staying overnight onboard a liveaboard vessel Ocean Quest. Ocean Quest provides a spacious and comfortable home away from home on the Great Barrier Reef offering a truly unique experience for all travellers, whatever your budget!
84. Cairns in a Day Cairns In A Day is ideal for visitors who are short of time and want to see the best of Cairns in a single day. This action packed day visits the extremely popular Kuranda village in the Rainforest in the morning. Travel on the historic train and award winning Skyrail experience before flying out to the reef on your helicopter and spending the afternoon on the Osprey V Reef Cruise. Return back to Cairns on the high speed vessel.
85. City Explorer Explore Cairns with a 24 hour ticket aboard the Cairns City Explorer's open-top double-decker buses. See all the main sights as you hop on and hop off 14 conveniently located stops around the city. The 60 minute tour departs every 30 minutes from Pier Terminal, the 90 minute tour including Smithfield Skyrail terminal starts at 12 noon from stop 1 and then every 45 minutes until 5pm.
86. Tableland Trike Tours What better way to see the Atherton Tablelands than from the back of a Trike? Experience the wind in your hair as you travel around the Atherton Tablelands area and take in the scenery. John is a fully qualified trike operator, and will take the time you on the ride of a lifetime!
87. "That’s Awesome" 1 Hour Adventure Cruise That’s Awesome offers a 1 hour calm water cruise around Cairns harbour and wetlands, exploring the mangrove habitat and Admiralty Island. This is more than a slow cruise with a commentary, as we also do a bit of a thrill ride where allowed, as “That’s Awesome” has 4 x 300hp Suzuki’s and a top speed of over 50 knots (100 kmh).
88. Babinda Kayak Hire Embark on a one way Self Tour along beautiful Babinda Creek, this is a perfect recreational activity for the whole family.Let the gentle current take you downstream, take on a couple of mini rapids (or ripples!) along the way, stop on a sandy beach for a snack and a swim, then float downstream to your pick-up point. Phone Babinda Kayak Hire to come and pick you up and you will be taken back to your car.
89. Mission Beach Sea Kayaking Coral Sea Kayaking offer half day, full day and overnight sea kayaking tours ex mission Beach, visiting many of the National Park islands in the region, such as Dunk Island, Hinchinbrook Island and the Family Island group.Sea kayaking is an active, fun and eco-friendly way to explore the area. Away from the noise and bustle of motors, simply glide along the surface of the water and enjoy the views of the colourful corals and watch the turtles and rays swim past.
90. The Hummer Adventures Night Tour Spend an exciting evening on a four-wheel drive night tour in the World Heritage-listed Kuranda Rainforest. Try some BBQ kangaroo sausages, roast some marshmallows, enjoy the Aussie outback life style with some Billy Tea. Then board the American Military H1 Hummer. You are rushed into the rainforest, crossing the creek while experiencing the strength of this high performance, off road, all terrain vehicle driven by your experienced driver guide.
91. Rapid Boarding Rapid Boarders is Australia’s only white water river boarding tour and one of the most exciting and adrenaline-pumping adventure tours to do in Cairns. Experience up to grade 3 rapids at face level! Starting at Carson waves you will journey through a number of rapids till we conquer the biggest rapid of the day - the Zig-Zag. You must be a confident swimmer, have a medium level of fitness and a comprehensive understanding of English to take this tour.
92. Barron Family Rafting Foaming Fury offer a great introduction to white water rafting for children 6 -11 years operating on the lower section of the Barron River rapids and Lake Placid.Experience the thrills of paddling rapids graded 1 - 2. Eight person rafts and two person sports rafts are used. This offers the opportunity to experience both styles of rafting during your trip.
92. Atherton Tablelands Hot Air Ballooning Raging Thunder will take you up on a magical and exhilarating flight of your life in the world's largest commercial hot air balloon. The Atherton tablelands provide the perfect conditions for Hot Air Ballooning. Glide gently over the bushlands and farms of the Mareeba Valley, the view from your basket of rolling hills and winding streams is stunning.
93. Skyrail Rainforest Cableway Spanning 7.5 kilometres in the Barron Gorge National Park, Skyrail Rainforest Cableway glides just metres over the rainforest canopy. Enjoy spectacular views of the rainforest before descending through the canopy layers and deep into the heart of the forest at Skyrail's two rainforest mid-stations where you can learn more about this fascinating environment from the forest floor.
94. Kuranda Scenic Railway The original Kuranda Scenic Railway is a spectacular journey comprising unsurpassed views of dense rainforest, steep ravines and picturesque waterfalls. This famous railway winds its way on a journey of approximately 2 hours from Cairns to Kuranda, the village in the rainforest. The original Kuranda Scenic Railway Heritage carriages offer the old world charm of travelling in authentic timber carriages some of which are up to 90 years old. Gold Class has provided a premium experience, giving you the extra comfort and little bit of luxury, and a most memorable experience.
95. Frankland Islands For a unique reef experience visit the uninhabited and unspoilt Frankland Islands. Located 45 kilometres south of Cairns, Frankland Islands Cruise & Dive is the only tour operator licenced to visit this untouched beauty. Swim, snorkel, dive, explore the island, take a semi sub cruise the day is yours to explore at youir leisure. Take in the scenery on the 30 min Mulgrave River cruise, before a short open water crossing to Frankland Group National Park and literally snorkel straight from the beach across a wide variety of colourful coral.
96. River Drift Snorkelling River Drift Snorkelling is a brand new adventure that is a must try! As seen on the TV travel show, Getaway, come and explore the most beautiful, crystal clear rainforest river imaginable, drift snorkelling with the current. Operating only 15 mins from Port Douglas, expect to see freshwater fish, turtles, butterflies, birds and platypus.
97. Sandy Cay Brunch Spoil yourselves and escape to your own private Sand Cay. Departing from Cairns or Port Douglas, take in the breathtaking coastal scenery and the unique aerial perspective over the Great Barrier Reef as you travel in style and comfort, arriving on the pristine Coral Sand Cay where you can relax, swim, snorkel and indulge yourselves with a gourmet meal of tropical platters and premium beverages.
98. Exclusive: Skyrail Canopy Glider Take in this spectacular tropical rainforest adventure from the unique viewing perspective of Skyrail’s Canopy Glider.Accompanied by a Skyrail Ranger and with a maximum of 4 guests, the Canopy Glider combines a thrilling rainforest adventure with personalised interpretation of the plants, animals and history which surround you. Glide above the rainforest in the open-air gondola and enjoy breathtaking, uninterrupted 360 degree panoramic views of the Tropical North Queensland region.
99. Wavelength Wavelength is the only cruise in Port Douglas dedicated just to snorkeling the Outer Reef. Snorkelling is the best and easiest way to see the reef because 90% of it’s diversity occurs within 4 metres of the surface. This personalised tour (maximum 30 passengers) is proud to offer guests a high level of reef interpretation, visiting three amazing reef locations.
100. Bana-Bama Horserides Australia's only Indigenous horseride - Bana Bama Horserides have experienced local indigenous guides sharing storytelling of local dreamtime. Horse-ride on the beach and through rainforest and native title areas. Suited for all ages and experience levels. Miniatures and farm animals for the little people to play and pat.