Ocean Spirit Reef & Kuranda
SEMI-SUBMERSIBLE CORAL VIEWING
SNORKELLING GEAR & INSTRUCTION
KURANDA TRAIN & SKYRAIL
Ocean Spirit Reef & Kuranda Info
2 Day Option 12 - Ocean Spirit & Kuranda Train & Skyrail
Enjoy a reef cruise to a superb sandy coral cay followed by a rainforest experience to Kuranda on the Kuranda Train, returning via the famous Skyrail Cableway. These 2 daytrips can be done on any two days of your holiday in no particular order.
Full Day Reef Cruise onboard Ocean Spirit to Michaelmas Cay
All snorkel equipment & lunch
Kuranda Train journey
Free time in Kuranda Village
Day One:Ocean Spirit Reef Cruise
Set sail aboard a comfortable catamaran and visit Michaelmas Cay, a natural and pristine sand cay, located on the Great Barrier Reef.
The Michaelmas Cay Cruise takes you to a small coral cay of white sand with fringing reef. This is a spectacular destination with shallow warm waters. Michaelmas Cay is also famous for it's protected seabird sanctuary, with 27 000 migratory birds making it their home. This is one of the most important nesting sights in the Southern Hemisphere and an absolute haven for any nature lover.
8:30am daily from Cairns Marlin Jetty- return approx 5pm
4 hours at Michaelmas Cay on the reef
Morning tea muffins & focaccia
Afternoon tropical fruit platter & cake
Delicious hot & cold buffet including seafood
Snorkelling equipment, demonstrations & tuition
Marine biologist presentation
Semi-submersible coral viewing tour
Glass of sparkling wine on homeward journey, cheese & crackers
- 8.00am: Boarding commences. Complimentary tea and coffee, served until departure.
- 8.30am: Depart Cairns for the Great Barrier Reef.
- 9.00am: Safety demonstration, reef brief, snorkelling and dive demonstration.
- 9.30am: Informative Marine Biologist slide show presentation.
- 10.30am: Arrive at Michaelmas Cay. Reef activities commence including snorkelling, coral viewing onboard semi-submersible, beach walks, scuba diving and swimming.
- 12.00noon: Buffet lunch served on board.
- 1.00pm: Continuation of reef activities.
- 2.30pm: Afternoon tea is served. On completion of a safety head count we depart Michaelmas Cay for a return sail to Cairns.
- 5.00pm: Arrive at Cairns.
Day Two:Kuranda Train & Skyrail
Travel to Kuranda, the Village in the Rainforest on board the Kuranda Scenic Railway and Skyrail. Enjoy free time in Kuranda to wander through the Kuranda Markets and indulge in the alternative lifestyle that Kuranda provides.
Kuranda Train & Skyrail includes:
- Return Hotel Transfers
- 08:30am Train to Kuranda
- Arrives in Kuranda at approx 10:15am
- Free time to explore the Village
- Return via Skyrail at 2:45pm OR 4:00pm
- Arrive in Cairns at 4:30pm OR 5:15pm
- This tour can also operate in reverse by Skyrail first & returning via scenic rail
- Kuranda Scenic Railway: Wind through tunnels and over bridges, through Rainforest on this magnificent journey, passing Stoney Creek and Barron Falls.
- Kuranda Village: Wander through the picturesque Village in the Rainforest. Browse the Kuranda Markets which operate Daily
- Skyrail Rainforest Cableway: Glide over the canopy of pristine World Heritage Rainforest with stops at Barron Falls and Red Peak Stations before returning to Cairns.
Why not complete your Kuranda experience with one of these Optional Upgrades (extra cost):
- Rainforestation: At the award-winning Rainforestation Nature Park you'll get to experience indigenous culture, Australian native wildlife and World Heritage Listed rainforest all on one site. Only a short shuttle ride from Kuranda Village.
- Gold Class Train: Experience another level of comfort on the Kuranda Scenic Rail. Your upgrade includes drinks, nibbles, individual seating and larger picture windows.
- Diamond View Gondolas: Amazing panoramic views of the tropical landscape, Coral Sea and rainforest canopy, but also the unique perspective of looking straight down from the treetops to the forest floor through the glass flooring for the entire Skyrail experience. Taking a maximum of 5 persons and a waiting time of 7 minutes.
Posted By Tracy Ah Sam
Great day in kuranda
I grew up in Cairns but have luve interstate for 20 years. I was impressed by the respect shown to the guests and clarity of suggestions ti have a safe and happy day.
Posted By Christine Crump
Secrets in Kuranda
Fantastic day, best to go up on the train and down on the skyrail because of the amazing views. Only found the best hidden markets late in the day. They are hidden down the side of the hill and fascinating!!!
Posted By B White
Train & Skyrail a must do
From the moment we were picked up in the luxury coach transport (CLEAN, nice comfy seats, seatbelts, friendly driver) we had the most wonderful experience. The driver explained our day and let us know where the next steps were. All the staff on the skyway were approachable and interacted with us. The views are spectacular. And the return trip by rail with bus transfers was without any hassle.
Posted By Debra Lee
Loved the Skyrail trip, and the ease of getting off at the mid stations to explore, and getting back on again. Definitely recommend.
Posted By Kim Cooper
Family day out
Very good and fun for all family
Posted By Cesar Carreno
Lovely journey with fantastic scenery
Posted By Carolanne Benson
Worth the Upgrade
We had a great time and enjoyed the gold service train ride up to kuranda. We upgraded our tickets to diamond class on the way down and it was a magical experience
Posted By Marilyn Holland
Certainly a great day, crew supportive. Excellent variety of activities. My first time to the reef, what a magnificent place, thank you so much.
Posted By Sam Chandler
With perfect weather little could go wrong. I had a wonderful day and particularly thought the crew did all they could to make sure all went well.
Posted By Barbara Barnsley
Could not have been better!
Could not have been better! Helpful, attentive staff, excellent facilities for underwater viewing for novices.
Posted By John Lamidey
Fantastic experience! Staff were friendly and professional. Snorkelling & Submersible experiences Awesome. Possibly in terms of improvement the only suggestion I could add is the buffet is good, but it could be even developed further and key items - eg fish ran out without being replenished. Overall the cruise experience was amazing and will be long remembered!
Posted By Gillian Smith
Need Help With Your Booking?Our Cairns Office is open again in 3 hours
About Travstar Booking Requests
There are some things a computer can't do.
We love helping people plan their holidays and we want to make sure we get it right.
Some holiday packages can be quite complicated with multiple tours and accommodation, pick-up times and extras.
That's why every booking made through a Travstar Website is checked by our local consultants.
It takes a little bit longer to get your tickets but we want to make sure everything is going to run smoothly for you.
How long wil it take to get my tickets?
Our team are alerted to new booking requests as they come in. During office hours you can expect to have your tickets within an hour or two.
After office hours your tickets may take up to 12 hours to arrive.