Imagine yourself waking up and watching the sun rise over the Great Barrier Reef.
This is exactly what you can experience by staying overnight onboard a liveaboard vessel Ocean Quest.
Ocean Quest provides a spacious and comfortable home away from home on the Great Barrier Reef offering a truly unique experience for all travellers, whatever your budget!
OceanQuest is a 36 metre catamaran over 3 decks with the capacity to sleep 48 customers overnight.
There is a large lounge area on the wheelhouse deck with a bar where you can relax and kick back after a long days diving. The main deck has a large dining room capable of comfortably seating 48 passengers.
4 x Double bed Staterooms with ocean views
18 x Twin share 2x single beds. Ocean views (with the exception of 3 cabins)
1 x Multishare 4x single beds
All cabins feature:
Private en-suite bathroom
Australian electricity outlets
- Dive Equipment - BCD, regulator, dive computer, mask, snorkel, full foot fins, 5mm short arm/leg wetsuit
- Air Fills
- Bed Linen
- Fresh water / Tea & Coffee
- Cairns City Transfers
Extras costs, available on board:
Snacks (chocolate/chips etc)
Dive Guide ($15 per dive)
With 17 exclusive moorings on the Outer Great Barrier Reef at Norman, Saxon and Hastings reefs.
The dive sites are frequented by myriads of tropical and Palegic Fish, Rays, Turtles, Reef Sharks and the ever popular diver friendly Maori Wrasse. There are swim throughs, wall and drift dives that will appeal to every level of diver experience.
The dive sites are chosen on a daily basis by the vessel Captains for the best variety and visibility according to the weather conditions.
Day One - 4 Dives
- 7.45am pick up from your Cairns city accommodation
- 8.00am Board a fast modern transfer boat for 90 minute transfer to Outer Barrier Reef
- Equipment selection
- 2 dives before transferring to your Liveaboard at 2.30pm
- Afternoon dive and night dive
- Lunch and dinner
Day Two - 4 Dives
Three day dives
One night dive
Breakfast, lunch, dinner
Departure Day - 3 Dives
Breakfast and lunch is included
3.00pm Depart Outer Barrier Reef
Return to your accommodation approx. 5pm
What to bring:
- Hat, Towel, Swimsuit, Sunscreen, Sunglasses
- Certified divers please bring C-cards & log books.
Itinerary is a guide only. All times and sequences are subject to change, indicated number of dives is a maximum (may be subject to weather/safety conditions)
Flying and altitude after diving:
- Deep Sea Divers Den recommends waiting a minimum 24 hours whenever possible.
- These are guidelines only, there is no guarantee that these recommendations will prevent decompression sickness.
- Altitude is 300m/1000ft above sea level.
This includes going to the Atherton Tablelands, so be careful when you are booking tours to follow your dive trip.
- Under normal circumstances, you should be out of the water on your last dive at 12pm (midday), this should help with organising any travel plans you have after your dive trip.
- If you are doing an introductory dive you will be asked to fill out and sign the following form: Cairns Introductory Diver Form (275KB)
- If you answer YES to any questions further medical clearance may be required. This must be arranged prior to day of departure. - If you have a medical question, please feel free to contact Cairns 24 Hour Medical Centre, Cnr Grafton & Florence Streets, Cairns - Phone 07 4052 1119
- If you are a certified diver you will be asked to fill out and sign an Advice to Divers Form.
- Medical Standards differ from country to country, certain medication / medical conditions may preclude you from diving in Australia.
- If you answer Yes to any of the questions below, further medical clearance may be required. (This must be organised at least the day before your trip start date). In some circumstances you may be able to dive, with a certified professional (Dive Guide), at an additional cost.
All payments made to Travstar do not incur a credit card surcharge.
All prices shown in Australian Dollars
Prices valid from now until 31 March 2021
|1 Night Liveaboard||Adult||Children||Family||Enquire|
|2D/1N Quad Share - Snorkelling||$535
|2D/1N Twin Room - Snorkelling||$535
|2D/1N Double room - Snokelling||$565
Minimum age 12 years
WE DO NOT CHARGE BOOKING FEES OR CREDIT CARD SURCHARGES
Need Help With Your Booking?Our Cairns Office is open again in 25 minutes
About Travstar Booking Requests
There are some things a computer can't do.
We love helping people plan their holidays and we want to make sure we get it right.
Some holiday packages can be quite complicated with multiple tours and accommodation, pick-up times and extras.
That's why every booking made through a Travstar Website is checked by our local consultants.
It takes a little bit longer to get your tickets but we want to make sure everything is going to run smoothly for you.
How long wil it take to get my tickets?
Our team are alerted to new booking requests as they come in. During office hours you can expect to have your tickets within an hour or two.
After office hours your tickets may take up to 12 hours to arrive.